This banana and blueberry breakfast parfait is the quickest and easiest make ahead breakfast I've ever come across. It looks really impressive yet takes literally minutes to prepare. Easily adapted to be vegan.
Are you in a breakfast rut?
It's all too easy to get into a breakfast rut isn't it? And it's so hard on a school day to find the time to make anything very exciting. I do make porridge most days, because Little S loves it, but now the weather is getting warmer I often fancy something a bit lighter.
Enter breakfast parfait.
How pretty does this look?
It's such a treat to have something like this for breakfast. And even better it can be made the night before - cutting down the work in the morning.
If you decide to make your parfait the night before just leave off the granola. Add this just before serving to avoid it going soggy.
This banana and blueberry breakfast parfait is my current favourite breakfast. If you like this you might also like the mandarin breakfast parfait that I made recently for Nature's Finest Foods.
The recipe below makes two small breakfast parfaits - it can easily be scaled up or down, depending on how many people you are feeding.
More breakfast ideas
- Healthy strawberry milkshake
- Raspberry breakfast muffins for kids
- Pink pancakes
- Mixed berry chia jam
- PBJ smoothie
- Banana and almond butter pancakes
- Nut free granola
- Zoats - overnight oats with zucchini/courgette
- Stovetop baked beans
- Healthy rhubarb compote - low sugar
- Easy shakshuka
- Strawberry porridge
If you're still in need of breakfast inspiration check out these 25 delicious vegan breakfast ideas.
How to make banana and blueberry breakfast parfait:
Banana and blueberry breakfast parfait
- 1 banana sliced
- 100 g blueberries
- handful granola
- 250 g plain yoghurt dairy free or your choice
- Place a couple of spoonfuls of yoghurt in the bottom of a glass or small trifle dish.
- Cover with a layer of bananas, blueberries and granola.
- Add more yoghurt and then another layer of bananas and blueberries.
- Finish with a final layer of granola. If making the night before I would recommend adding the granola to the top in the morning, just before you serve.