Quick, tasty and delicious, this strawberry porridge recipe is a great one for busy mornings. Suitable for vegans and kid-approved.
This delicious strawberry porridge recipe has been written by Mas & Pas - a wonderful parenting network that’s full of hacks, crafts and recipes. Read more about Mas & Pas below.*
When strawberry season comes round we get a little excited! Not only is spring in the air - and the sun makes an appearance - but we get to enjoy these amazing fruits again.
This strawberry porridge recipe helped us bring strawberries back into breakfast time.
It’s easy to prepare on busy mornings with just a few minutes of simmering the chopped strawberries with almond milk, porridge oats, water and maple syrup.
Kid approved, they loved this bowl of warm – and colourful – porridge for breakfast.
Are porridge and oatmeal the same?
Here in the UK we tend to call a bowl of oats cooked with milk, water or cream porridge.
Technically the term porridge can be used to refer to a similar dish made from any grain, for example barley, buckwheat and corn.
For the purposes of this recipe though, they are the same thing. This strawberry porridge recipe could also be described as strawberry oatmeal.
More breakfast ideas that you might like
- raspberry breakfast muffins
- blueberry and banana porridge bars
- pink pancakes
- banana and blueberry breakfast parfait
- PBJ smoothie
- courgette overnight oats
- coconut and cherry granola
- apple and cinnamon porridge
Or you might like this vegan banana and strawberry bread.
Pin strawberry porridge for later
What ingredients do you need to make strawberry porridge?
To make strawberry oatmeal you will need:
- 70g rolled porridge oats
- 120ml unsweetened almond milk
- 180ml boiling water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 100g fresh strawberries, diced
- 1-2 teaspoons desiccated coconut
You might like additional berries and/or nuts to serve with it.
How to make strawberry porridge
For full recipe and ingredients list see below.
1. Dice 100g strawberries and set aside.
2. Place your oats, almond milk and boiling water in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. Add the strawberries and maple syrup and simmer for 5- 10 minutes. Add the desiccated coconut just before serving.
If you have made this recipe I would love it if you’d leave a comment and rating below. Thank you!
How to make strawberry porridge
- 70 g rolled porridge oats
- 120 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 180 ml boiling water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 100 g fresh strawberries diced
- 1-2 tsp desiccated coconut
- Place 70g porridge oats, 120ml almond milk and 180ml boiling water in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Stir in 2 tbsp maple syrup and add 100g diced strawberry pieces.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to stop the oats from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- A minute or two before it’s ready, sprinkle on 1-2 tsp desiccated coconut flakes.
- Pour into cereal bowls and serve while warm. You could top with fresh berries or crushed nuts
About Mas & Pas
*Mas & Pas (masandpas.com) is a parenting network, with helpful hacks, kids crafts and family recipes.
You can find a range of kid-friendly recipes over on Mas & Pas - Little Gourmet. These include mild weaning recipes for baby, healthy kids meals as well as ideas for party food and kids baking projects.
We also have a free online community for parents where you can chat and connect with other mums and dads.
Or you can search for children’s classes, holiday camps and party entertainers near you on our growing local platform for London at Mas & Pas Local.