This unbelievably easy recipe for strawberry and banana nice cream requires just two ingredients and no ice cream maker. It's vegan, contains only fruit and is 100% kid approved in the Sneaky Veg household.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links are marked with *.
We adore this healthy strawberry and banana nice cream. It's just so refreshing on a hot summer's day.
Here's why you should make it today:
- healthy - made with just fruit
- great way to use up ripe bananas and strawberries - saving food waste
- tastes incredible
- so refreshing
- suitable for vegans
What is nice cream?
Nice cream is simply blended frozen bananas.
Did you know that frozen blended bananas make perfect ice cream? Usually known as "nice cream" all you really need to make it are ripe bananas.
There's no need to add any other ingredients at all - no sugar, no cream - the bananas are perfectly sweet and creamy on their own.
Other ways to make healthy frozen treats
Nearly two years ago I published a recipe for chocolate nice cream, but then I kind of forgot all about making ice cream in this way.
The latter are amazing by the way - you just have to try them if you're looking for an exciting hidden vegetable recipe or just a plain old healthy ice lolly.
But it's been a while since I've made banana nice cream.
Even my picky eater loves nice cream
Last week we were at a friend's house and she pulled out a batch of chocolate "nice cream".
I was 99% sure that eight-year-old R wouldn't eat it but he surprised me, and probably himself, by eating a whole portion and loving it.
He still doesn't eat any fresh fruit so I thought I'd give it a go with strawberries.
And the verdict?
He loved it!
I didn't want to add anything else that wasn't fruit and it really doesn't need it.
All you need is a punnet of strawberries and some ripe bananas. You'll get better results if you chop and freeze the bananas first, although you can make banana nice cream without doing this first.
For full recipe please see recipe card below.
All you need to make this nice cream is:
- frozen bananas - freezing the bananas makes them really creamy
- strawberries - this is a good use for overripe strawberries
Try to freeze the bananas on a tray for an hour or so before putting in a bag or box to avoid them sticking together too much.
This will make it easier for your blender to break them down.
You will need a good blender* to make this recipe.
More recipes you might like
If you like this homemade nice cream you might also like:
- Healthy chocolate orange popsicles
- Basic banana nice cream
- Chocolate avocado ice lollies
- Fruity smoothie ice lollies
- Raw avocado key lime pie
- Banana strawberry bread
- Banana, coconut and raspberry ice lollies
- Caribbean coconut banana curry traybake
- Strawberry yoghurt parfait
If you're looking for vegan ice cream that you can buy then check out my best vegan ice creams post over on my other blog, Cook Veggielicious.
How to make strawberry banana nice cream
If you have made this recipe I would love it if you’d leave a comment and rating below. Thank you!
Please do not reproduce this recipe without permission.
Strawberry banana nice cream
- 3 ripe bananas chopped and frozen
- 225 g strawberries roughly chopped
- You will need to chop and freeze your bananas before starting this recipe.
- Place the frozen bananas* and the chopped strawberries into a high powered blender and pulse until well combined.
- Transfer to a freezer-proof dish and freeze for several hours, or overnight, until set.
- Remove 15 minutes or so before serving to allow to soften. Scoop into a bowl or an ice cream cone.
- You can make this with fresh bananas but the results won't be as good.
- Nutritional information is approximate and is intended as a guide only.
Pin strawberry banana nice cream for later:
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
*Disclaimer: this is an affiliate link meaning that if you buy something after clicking on it I’ll receive a small commission, which I will probably spend on buying more ingredients for Sneaky Veg recipes! The price to you remains the same. Thanks for supporting Sneaky Veg. Read my full disclosure.