Do you find it hard to find healthy Christmas treats for the whole family? So much festive food is packed full of sugar and/or weird ingredients. I’m all for letting my kids indulge every now and then but I want them to be able to enjoy Christmas and soak up the festive atmosphere without eating their way through too many Cadbury’s selection packs.
It’s easier than you might think to make fun and healthy festive treats for your kids and the whole family to enjoy. I’ve chosen some of my favourite Christmas recipes to share with you here. Whether you’re enjoying a sun-soaked December in the southern hemisphere or a chilly snowy (or just grey and overcast like here in London) time in the northern part of the world there’s a recipe here that’s perfect for you.
You’ll find that some of these treats are healthier than others. Chocolate and sugar do appear in some of these recipes but generally in lower quantities that you’ll be used to. And you’ll also find many recipes that are free from refined sugar. Of course the whole family can enjoy these Christmas recipes – but many of them have been made with kids in mind.
Here are 25 healthy Christmas treats for kids
1. Layered Christmas smoothie by My Kids Lick the Bowl.
2. Healthy Christmas snowballs by Sneaky Veg
3. Cashew butter cookies with chia jam by The Wright Foodie.
4. Healthy coconut banana Christmas fudge by My Fussy Eater.
5. Coconut bliss ball snowmen by Veggie Desserts.
6. Green and red Christmas fruit salad recipe by Eats Amazing.
7. Christmas frozen yoghurt bark by Healthy Little Foodies.
8. Christmas chocolate bark by The Petite Cook.
9. Cranberry, cinnamon and pecan porridge squares by Easy Peasy Foodie.
10. Ginger passion star biscuits by Sneaky Veg.
11. Chocolate peanut figgy truffles by Yumsome.
12. Cranberry crumble bars by The Intolerant Gourmand.
13. Santa brownies by Baby Led Feeding.
14. Christmas pudding overnight oats by Sneaky Veg.
15. Healthier gingerbread by Free From Fairy.
16. Chocolate banana reindeer pops by Me and The Moose.
17. Vegan Christmas spiced banana bread by Sneaky Veg.
18. Gingerbread breakfast smoothie by Tiny Tummy Tales.
19. Chocolate coconut dipped satsumas by My Fussy Eater.
20. Healthy gingerbread chickpea blondies by Sneaky Veg.
21. Snowflake tortilla crisps by Eats Amazing.
22. Easy Christmas wreath salad by My Kids Lick the Bowl.
23. Carrot Christmas tea loaf by Sneaky Veg.
24. Watermelon Christmas trees by Healthy Little Foodies.
25. Healthy strawberry Santas by My Kids Lick the Bowl.
If you like this you might like these 15 best vegan cookbooks (over on my vegan food blog cookveggielicious.com) or these cooking gifts for kids. You might also like one of my other Christmas recipes such as these nut free coconut snowballs, these apple and mincemeat pinwheels or this carrot Christmas loaf cake.
Pin 25 healthy Christmas treats for kids for later
I’ve linked this post up with Cook Blog Share hosted this week by the wonderful Easy Peasy Foodie.