Fruity banana bread is made extra sweet and delicious with the addition of strawberries in this lovely easy recipe for banana and strawberry bread.
Just as I get around to posting all my late summer recipes the weather has finally turned. I think it has rained all day so far today, the windows in our old Victorian house are all steamed up when I wake up and the kids are complaining of cold feet in the mornings (although this could just be one of many excuses concocted to try to avoid school!).
Still, should you be like me and have a freezer full of frozen fruit, this is the recipe for you.
Our freezer broke down last week so I had to come up with some rapid recipe ideas to use up some of the random things that were stored in it.
This recipe for banana and strawberry bread was one of them. Enjoy!
How to make banana and strawberry bread
If you have made this recipe I would love it if you’d leave a comment and rating below. Thank you!
Banana and strawberry bread
- 225 g caster sugar
- 120 ml sunflower oil
- 250 g mashed strawberries and banana
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 120 ml greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g plain flour
- 1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C(fan)/200°C/gas mark 6. Grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Whisk together the oil and sugar until smooth. Add the mashed fruit, eggs, yoghurt and vanilla extract and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Fold in the flour and bicarbonate of soda until just mixed. Pour into the tin and bake for 40-50 minutes. It's ready when a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to rest in the tin for a few minutes and then carefully remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack. Eat within two or three days.