Deliciously Ella's recipe for hazelnut and chocolate overnight oats tastes like you're eating Nutella for breakfast but it's actually packed full of nutritious ingredients. Suitable for vegans.
This is a collaborative post with Quaker Oats*.
Why you should try overnight oats
I make overnight oats, or Bircher muesli, most days. They are so simple to make - all you need to do is soak oats in milk overnight in the fridge and you have a delicious breakfast.
I often put dried fruit in to soak with the oats, grate an apple to put in, and top with fresh fruit, nuts and seeds in the morning. It's also amazing with granola on top - try it!
I even make it with carrots in sometimes.
My two eldest children aren't all that keen, but baby S is as much of a bircher addict as me and if I don't get breakfast on the table quickly enough he screams "BIRCH" at the top of his voice until it's in front of him.
Deliciously Ella's overnight oats
Quaker Oats* has teamed up with Deliciously Ella to encourage people to try overnight oats and Ella has created some delicious recipes for the oat company.
I tried out her recipe for hazelnut and chocolate overnight oats. What a taste sensation - honestly it was like eating Nutella out of the jar, just healthier. So good.
If you're a fan of Nutella you have to try this for breakfast.
More overnight oats recipes
If you like this you might like one of these recipes:
- Courgette, lemon and blueberry overnight oats
- Christmas-spiced cinnamon overnight oats
- Carrot cake overnight oats
How about you? What's your favourite way to eat oats?
Pin hazelnut and chocolate overnight oats for later
How to make Ella's hazelnut and chocolate overnight oats
If you have made this recipe I would love it if you’d leave a comment and rating below. Thank you!
Please do not reproduce this recipe without permission.
Hazelnut and chocolate overnight oats
- 50 g oats
- 2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
- 100 ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 20 g roasted, chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon almond butter I used cashew butter as I didn't have almond butter and it was delicious
- Mix 50g oats, 2 teaspoons raw cacao powder, 100ml almond milk, 1 teaspoon maple syrup and half of the hazelnuts (10g).
- Spoon 1 tablespoon almond butter into the bottom of a jar and pour the cacao and oat mixture on top.
- Store the jar in the fridge overnight with an airtight lid on it. In the morning sprinkle over the remaining 10g hazelnuts and enjoy!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
*Disclaimer: this is a collaborative post with Quaker Oats