A delicious and easy recipe for a vegan Christmas banana bread with cranberries. This is the perfect recipe to use up over-ripe bananas.. This is a really tasty vegan banana bread recipe that's packed full of festive flavours.
We love a good banana bread recipe here at the Sneaky Veg house. I often buy extra bananas just so that we can make a loaf once they've started to go brown. This banana cranberry bread recipe is a little different as it contains some Christmassy spices and some dried fruit - making it perfect to eat if you're feeling festive.
The extra dried fruit makes this banana bread chewy and sweet and the spices just add that little hint of Christmas - my husband said that this is the best banana bread I've ever made.
And he's had a lot to choose from like:
- this sweet potato banana bread with chocolate chips
- banana and strawberry bread (not vegan)
- classic vegan banana bread
- no butter banana bread
- healthy banana bread
My banana cranberry bread is nut free so can be used in lunch boxes.
Is it easy to make vegan banana bread?
It really surprised me how easy it was to make banana bread without eggs and butter.
I have the Honey & Co baking book to thank for showing me the way. This recipe doesn't require any weird ingredients and it tastes delicious.
If you're looking for a healthy Christmas bake then I have a few things planned for the coming weeks that you'll enjoy.
To be sure you don't miss them please sign up for my newsletter.
More Christmas posts you might like
- 15 best vegan cookbooks
- cooking gifts for kids
- healthier Christmas rocky road
- Christmas overnight oats
- nut free coconut snowballs
- 25 healthy Christmas treats for kids
- five vegetarian Christmas dinner ideas.
Pin vegan Christmas banana bread for later:
How to make vegan Christmas banana bread
If you have made this recipe I would love it if you’d leave a comment and rating below. Thank you!
Christmas banana bread (vegan)
- 175 g soft light brown sugar
- 250 g plain flour I used half white and half spelt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100 ml water
- 100 ml maple syrup
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- 50 g mixed dried fruit
- 50 g dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6. Grease and base line a 1kg loaf tin with a sheet of baking parchment.
- Add 175g soft brown sugar, 250g plain flour, 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda, 1 tsp mixed spice and 1 tsp ground cinnamon to a large bowl. Whisk gently until thoroughly combined.
- Place 100ml water, 100ml maple syrup and 100ml sunflower oil into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring constantly so that it doesn't burn. As soon as it's just boiling pour it over the dry ingredients and stir well until combined.
- Stir in the 2 mashed bananas, 50g mixed dried fruit and 50g dried cranberries
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes turning the tin around halfway until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool in the tin.