A delicious and easy recipe for a Christmas-spiced vegan banana bread with cranberries.
We love a good banana bread recipe here at the Sneaky Veg house. I often buy extra bananas just so that we can make a loaf once they’ve started to go brown. This banana bread recipe is a little different as it contains some Christmassy spices and some dried fruit – making it perfect to eat at this time of year.
The extra dried fruit makes this banana bread chewy and sweet and the spices just add that little hint of Christmas – my husband said that this is the best banana bread I’ve ever made. And he’s had a lot to choose from!
This recipe does contain sugar – I promise that a perfect sugar-free banana bread recipe will be coming your way in 2017.
Here’s how to make vegan Christmas-spiced cranberry and banana bread:
- 175g caster sugar
- 250g plain flour (I used half white and half wholemeal)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g water
- 100g maple syrup
- 100g sunflower oil
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 50g mixed dried fruit
- 50g dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan. Grease and base line a 1kg loaf tin with a sheet of baking parchment.
- Add the sugar, flour, bicarbonate of soda and the spices to a large bowl. Whisk gently until thoroughly combined. Place the water, maple syrup and oil into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring constantly so that it doesn't burn. As soon as it's just boiling pour it over the dry ingredients and stir well until combined. Stir in the bananas, dried fruit and cranberries
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes turning the tin around halfway until it feels springy to the touch.
- Allow to cool in the tin.
This recipe is adapted from my vegan banana bread from January 2016.