Deliciously soft apple cinnamon cookies. These refined sugar free cookies take minutes to prepare and will disappear fast when you serve them to your kids.
Perfect for hungry kids after school
How are your kids after school? Whatever they've had for lunch they are always starving after school. And if I'm not careful their hunger turns into "hanger" very rapidly!
Crisps, chocolate bars and biscuits seem to be the after school snacks of choice but I prefer to give them something nutritious when I can - or they're asking for more snacks within minutes.
These heathy apple cinnamon cookies are one of my new favourite bakes. They don't take long to make at all and they can be frozen, making the perfect for those days when you need a snack in a hurry.
This recipe contains ground almonds meaning that I can't send them in my kids' lunchboxes as our school has a nut free policy due to allergies. If your school isn't nut free then these cookies would make a great lunchbox filler too.
Can kids make these apple cinnamon cookies?
Absolutely. These are one of our favourite recipes to make together as they're so easy.
Other recipes you might like
If you like this you might like:
- mini easy apple and cinnamon turnovers
- vegan peanut butter cookies
- tropical cookies
- healthier pumpkin cookies
- apple compote
Pin healthy apple cinnamon cookies for later:
How to make healthy apple cinnamon cookies:
Healthy apple cinnamon cookies
- 120 g smooth apple puree from a jar or homemade
- 50 g ground almonds
- 100 g oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 70 g raisins or dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Use your hands if necessary to ensure it's well mixed.
- Using your hands roll the mixture into 10 small balls, place on the baking tray and use your hands to flatten them into cookie shapes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until just turning golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Can be frozen.