Luscious tropical cookies packed with pineapple, mango, coconut and cashews. Gorgeously chewy, full of energy giving oats and fruity bursts of pineapple and mango. Suitable for vegans.
These tropical cookies are so good.
- deliciously chewy
- full of oaty goodness
- packed with bursts of tropical flavours from the pineapple, papaya and mango
- egg free, dairy free and vegan
- free from refined sugar.
The kids go mad for these every time I make them and they barely last a day or two. But I don't mind because there are no nasties at all in them.
The only ingredients in my tropical cookies are:
- dried pineapple, mango or papaya
- desiccated coconut
- cashew butter
- maple or agave syrup
- mashed banana.
Can you use another type of nut butter?
Yes, by all means use your favourite nut butter.
Almond butter works really well instead of cashew butter.
Alternatively, you can use peanut butter. However, I've found that the peanut taste can dominate and cashew is a more subtle flavour.
More healthy cookie recipes that are great for kids
Pin vegan tropical cookies for later
How to make vegan tropical cookies:
If you have made this recipe I would love it if you’d leave a comment and rating below. Thank you!
Vegan tropical cookies
- 200 g oats
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 100 g dried pineapple, mango and/or papaya roughly chopped
- 100 ml maple or agave syrup
- 50 g cashew butter
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6. Line two baking trays with greaseproof baking paper.
- Place 200g oats, 50g desiccated coconut and 100g chopped dried pineapple, mango or papaya together in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Place 100ml maple or agave syrup and 50g cashew butter into a small saucepan and gently heat through so that the cashew butter is runny. Stir well and don't bring to the boil.
- Mash your two ripe bananas. Add to the mixing bowl along with the syrup and cashew butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- Using two spoons place dollops of the mixture on to the baking trays and flatten with the back of a fork. Depending on the size you make them you will get about 18 cookies.
- Cook in the pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack and then store in an airtight container for 3-4 days or in the freezer.