Is there anything more refreshing than watermelon in summer? Try this easy recipe for DIY watermelon pizza. Simply choose your own toppings and decorate your watermelon however you please. A guaranteed crowd pleaser with the kids.
Watermelon pizza is the perfect summer dessert or snack for children and adults alike.
Make your own DIY serving station and let everyone make their own "pizza" out of yoghurt, fruit and your other favourite toppings.
Simply place a selection of toppings in bowls, put out some spoons and let the kids get stuck in.
When to serve watermelon pizza
This DIY watermelon pizza is the perfect healthy dessert to bring out for a summer playdate, BBQ or party.
Had a hot afternoon in the paddling pool? Planning a summer birthday party?
But it's not just for special occasions - it's just as good after dinner or as a mid afternoon snack.
What ingredients do you need
You will of course need a watermelon for this recipe.
The toppings you add are up to you. Here are some of our favourites:
- yoghurt - I prefer dairy free coconut yoghurt
- fresh fruit eg raspberries, blueberries, strawberries
- herbs - fresh mint.
Is this suitable for vegans?
As long as you use dairy free yoghurt then yes, this watermelon pizza is vegan friendly.
Can it be made in advance?
You can slice the watermelon and prepare the toppings in advance but it's best assembled prior to serving.
Pin this DIY watermelon pizza recipe for later
Here's how to make DIY watermelon pizza
If you have made this recipe I would love it if you’d leave a comment and rating below. Thank you!
DIY watermelon pizza
- 1 round slice ripe watermelon
- 200 ml plain yoghurt I used dairy free
- handful raspberries
- handful blueberries
- handful fresh mint leaves torn
- Cut the watermelon into wedges.
- Serve in the centre of the table with the yoghurt, fruit and mint leaves and allow people to make up their own pizza slices.
- Also works well with other summer berries.