Watermelon pizza is a refreshing, healthy and delicious summer snack. Simply top slices of watermelon with yoghurt and fresh fruit - we love blueberries and raspberries. A guaranteed crowd pleaser with the kids.
Watermelon pizza is the perfect summer dessert or snack for children and adults alike.
Make your own DIY serving station and let everyone make their own "pizza" out of yoghurt, fruit and your other favourite toppings.
Simply place a selection of toppings in bowls, put out some spoons and let the kids get stuck in.
Alternatively prepare in the kitchen and bring out for a delicious summer treat.
When to serve watermelon pizza
Watermelon pizza is the perfect healthy dessert to bring out for a summer playdate, BBQ or party.
Had a hot afternoon in the paddling pool?
Planning a summer birthday party?
Watermelon pizza is PERFECT for either occasion.
But it's not just for special occasions - it's just as good after dinner or as a mid afternoon snack.
For full recipe, ingredients and quantities go to the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
You will of course need a watermelon for this recipe.
The toppings you add are up to you. Here are some of our favourites:
- yoghurt - I prefer dairy free coconut yoghurt. A thick, spreadable yoghurt works best.
- fresh fruit - we love berries - try raspberries, blueberries and strawberries.
- herbs - fresh mint is delicious.
Is this suitable for vegans?
Simply use dairy free yoghurt to make this watermelon pizza is vegan friendly.
A thick coconut yoghurt or an oat-based Greek-style yoghurt works well.
Can it be made in advance?
You can slice the watermelon and prepare the toppings in advance.
However, watermelon pizza is best assembled just before serving.
How to make DIY watermelon pizza
If you have made this recipe I would love it if you’d leave a comment and rating below. Thank you!
Please do not reproduce this recipe without permission.
DIY watermelon pizza
- 1 round slice ripe watermelon
- 200 ml plain yoghurt I used dairy free
- handful raspberries
- handful blueberries
- handful fresh mint leaves torn
- Cut the watermelon into wedges.
- Serve in the centre of the table with the yoghurt, fruit and mint leaves and allow people to make up their own pizza slices.
- Also works well with other summer berries.