This delicious gluten free crumble recipe is packed full of apricots. It's made using The Free From Fairy* gluten free flour blend, which is packed full of nutritious ingredients.
Suitable for vegetarians and anyone following a gluten free diet.
A little bit about The Free From Fairy
Vicki from The Free From Fairy* is proof of what incredible things parenting and blogging can lead to.
She was unhappy with the gluten free flours on the market. Many of them contain rice flour, which she's not keen to give to her kids due to the levels of arsenic in rice.
Vicki took it upon herself to develop her own blend of flour and is now a successful business owner. The Free From Fairy wholegrain, gluten-free flour blend is available on Vicki's site*.
A self raising blend* is also available too.
Why did we try gluten free?
We're not a gluten-free family. However, I often cook and bake for my family with different types of grains and flours. I believe strongly that the more different things we eat, the better for our health.
The flour blend contains teff, sorghum and buckwheat as well as tapioca and potato starch.
I decided to make a crumble with the flour to see how it worked out. We eat crumble quite a lot as R, my six-year-old, doesn't eat fruit unless it's cooked in a cake or dessert like this. We had a lovely punnet of fresh apricots to use, so apricot crumble it was.
The Free From Fairy flour was gorgeous in the crumble topping. In fact, it had much more flavour than a plain white flour that you'd usually use to make crumble topping.
The kids loved helping to make this apricot crumble
This is a great recipe to make with kids as well. Miss R, 4, de-stoned and chopped all the apricots and helped me to rub the flour and margarine together to make the topping.
She loves cooking so much and always wants to help. I hope this love of cooking lasts her whole life.
More crumble recipes you might like
If you like this you might like:
- strawberry rhubarb crumble
- apple and cinnamon crumble
- gooseberry crumble bars
- rhubarb muffins with crumble topping
- gooseberry crumble with almonds
Pin gluten free apricot crumble for later:
How to make gluten free apricot crumble:
Gluten free apricot crumble
- 500 g apricots destoned and quartered
- 110 g Free From Fairy gluten free plain flour
- 75 g dairy free spread
- 50 g light brown soft sugar
- 40 g oats gluten free if needed
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6.
- Place 500g prepared apricots in a baking dish.
- Rub together 110g plain flour and 75g spread with your fingertips until you have the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Stir through 50g light brown soft sugar and 40g oats and pour over the top of the apricots.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
*Disclaimer: I received a bag of flour from The Free From Fairy to try out for this blog post. I received no payment for the post and all opinions are honest and my own.