Easy vegan microwave ramen
Ramen, or Japanese noodle soup, is a delicious and easy vegan meal. This microwave ramen recipe takes just minutes to make, making it a perfect quick, nutritious and filling meal.
- ½ small white onion peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp red miso paste
- 200 g ramen noodles I used frozen ones
- 500 ml hot vegetable stock
- red chillies, spring onions, sesame seeds, tofu optional, for serving
Place the onion in a microwavable bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir then repeat for 30 seconds.
Add the ginger and garlic and microwave for 10 seconds
Remove. Add the mushrooms, soy sauce and miso paste and 100ml vegetable stock. Stir well and break down the miso paste with the back of a spoon until well combined.
Add the noodles and the rest of the stock.
Cover and heat for one minute. Stir and heat for another minute. If you've used dried noodles you might need to cook for longer.
Top with red chillies, spring onions, sesame seeds and sliced tofu if desired.