Vegan pumpkin loaf
This vegan pumpkin loaf recipe is moist, spiced, delicious and 100% kid approved.
- 125 g plain flour
- 125 g wholemeal flour eg wheat, spelt or buckwheat or use all plain
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 125 g light brown soft sugar or coconut sugar*
- ½ teaspoon sea salt optional
- 200 g pumpkin purée homemade or half a tin
- 120 ml oat milk or other plant milk
- 120 ml sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup optional
Preheat oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6.
Lightly grease a 900g loaf tin and line with baking paper.
Sift the flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and spices together in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar. Use your fingers to break down any lumps if needed. Stir in the salt if using.
In a separate bowl or jug whisk together the pumpkin purée, oat milk, sunflower oil and maple syrup.
Fold the pumpkin mixture into the flour until just combined, then transfer to your prepared loaf tin.
Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Check after 30 minutes and cover the top with foil if getting too brown on top.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.*
- Coconut sugar can lead to a more crumbly loaf cake.
- For best results leave to cool completely in the tin. I usually do this with my vegan bakes as I find it helps them to stay together.
- Nutritional information is approximate and is intended as a guide.
Calories: 222kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 3gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 190mgPotassium: 111mgFiber: 2gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 2616IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 58mgIron: 1mg