Vegan banana blueberry muffins with yoghurt
Low in sugar, fruity and easy to make these vegan banana blueberry muffins with yoghurt are light, taste fantastic and are perfect for lunch boxes.
- 250 g plain flour or half spelt, half plain
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75 g coconut sugar or caster sugar if preferred
- 75 g coconut oil melted
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 75 g plain unsweetened yoghurt I used soya
- 150 g blueberries
- small handful oats for topping, optional
Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
Mix the flour, the baking powder, the bicarbonate of soda and the coconut sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
Whisk the oil and the yoghurt together in a separate bowl or jug. Add the mashed banana and mix together.
Fold the banana mixture into the flour until just combined.
Gently stir in the blueberries. Sprinkle a few oats over the top of each muffin.
Spoon the mixture into your muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.