Banana and strawberry bread
A classic banana loaf with a sweet summer twist. This banana and strawberry bread is easy peasy to make and the result is extra sweet and delicious. Suitable for vegans and very much kid approved here.
- 250 g self raising flour
- 1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 100 g caster sugar* or sub coconut sugar for a healthier alternative
- 120 ml sunflower oil
- 120 ml dairy free yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 200 g strawberries chopped or mashed*
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C(fan)/200°C/gas mark 6. Grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin and line with non stick baking paper.
Place 250g self raising flour, 1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda and 1 tsp mixed spice into a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Stir through 100g* caster sugar.
Add 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar or lemon juice) and 1 tsp vanilla extract to 120ml yoghurt and mix. Pour into the flour mixture with 120ml sunflower oil and beat together gently until just combined.
Add 2 ripe mashed bananas and 200g chopped or mashed strawberries and mix gently.
Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on top and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.*
Allow to cool completely in the tin (this helps it to hold together) then store in an airtight container. Best eaten within 2-3 days.
- If you prefer a sweeter banana bread you can add up to 225g caster sugar.
- You can use fresh or frozen strawberries for this recipe. If you've used frozen and they're very mushy, you may prefer to mash them rather than chop.
- Oven temperatures vary so yours may need a little more or less time.
Calories: 227kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 3gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 142mgPotassium: 132mgFiber: 1gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 22IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 1mg