Spider energy balls
Looking for spider-themed treats for a Halloween party or celebration? Try my nut free spider energy balls. They're the perfect spooky spider snack for kids to enjoy.
- 200 g dates* or prunes chopped
- 20 g desiccated coconut
- 20 g pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 50 g oats
- pretzels for the legs
- edible eyes, chocolate chips raisins or sunflower seeds for the eyes
Place all the ingredients apart from the extra coconut in a food processor.
Pulse until well combined.
Lightly oil your hands (to stop the mixture sticking) then roll the mixture into balls.
Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and then keep refrigerated.
To make into spooky spiders break off bits of pretzel and add to the energy ball for legs.
Add eyes - you can use sunflower seeds, raisins, chocolate chips or edible eyes for this
- If your dates are looking dry soak them in boiling water for 20 minutes before starting this recipe.
- Nutritional information is approximate and is intended as a guide only.
Calories: 83kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 2gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 147mgFiber: 2gSugar: 11gCalcium: 9mgIron: 1mg