Healthy and colourful vegan pasta salad for kids
This kids pasta salad is easy, healthy and colourful. Easily adaptable and great for lunchboxes, meals at home and picnics.
For the pasta salad
- 150 g small pasta shapes eg macaroni cooked and cooled
- Handful of frozen peas cooked and cooled
- Handful of sweetcorn tinned, fresh or frozen, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1 small carrot peeled and chopped
- Small handful of black or green olives chopped, optional
- Small handful of fresh herbs eg basil chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cucumber diced
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
First cook 150g small pasta shapes according to the packet instructions. Drain and cool. You may wish to stir a little olive oil through the pasta to stop it sticking together.
Place in a mixing bowl with your choice of vegetables. I used a handful of peas, a handful of sweetcorn, 1/2 chopped red pepper, a chopped carrot, a few chopped olives, a handful of torn basil leaves, 1/4 cucumber diced and 8 quartered cherry tomatoes. Mix well.