These double choc cherry brownies are the perfect Valentine's Day treat for a special someone in your life with a sweet tooth. And what's more they are suitable for vegans and lower in sugar than your average brownie.
What is your favourite brownie flavour? I've always thought that cherries and chocolate are a match made in heaven and are just the perfect combination for brownies so when Splenda* got in touch to ask me to share one of their recipes for Valentine's Day I couldn't resist these. Using Splenda to make these double chocolate cherry brownies means that they are lower in sugar.
These brownies would be perfect for a last minute Valentine's Day gift (I'm thinking of making them for myself!) - what do you think?
Pin vegan double choc cherry brownies for later
Here's how to make vegan double choc cherry brownies:
Vegan double choc cherry brownies
- 5 tablespoons of sunflower oil plus extra for greasing
- 210 g dairy-free dark chocolate chopped
- ½ cup SPLENDA® Sugar Alternative Granulated
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup plain flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cherries
- In bowl over simmering water, heat the chocolate until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in SPLENDA® Granulated until smooth. Whisk in the mashed banana and vanilla.
- Mix flour with baking powder; stir into SPLENDA® Granulated mixture in two additions just until combined. Fold in dairy-free chocolate chips and cherries.
- Spread in greased 8-inch (2 litre) square metal cake pan.
- Bake in 180°C oven for about 25 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean with a few crumbs attached.
- Let cool; cut into squares.
*Disclaimer: this is a collaborative post with Splenda.