Low in sugar, fruity and easy to make these vegan banana blueberry yoghurt muffins are light, taste fantastic and are perfect for snack time and lunch boxes.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links are marked with * where possible.
Blueberry muffins always go down well here.
But this classic bake is often made with refined white sugar and white flour.
Here I've used a blend of plain flour and spelt flour to make them a bit more wholesome.
I've also used coconut sugar instead of white sugar - however you can substitute caster sugar if you prefer.
We found them perfectly sweet with the coconut sugar and they were a big hit with the Sneaky Veg kids.
Banana blueberry muffins are great in lunch boxes
These muffins are great for lunchboxes. They are nut free and lower in sugar than most shop-bought muffins.
I've frozen a few batches of these and they defrost well so are good for batch cooking.
How to make vegan banana blueberry muffins
Please do not reproduce this recipe without permission.
If you've made this recipe please a leave a star rating and comment below. Thank you
Vegan banana blueberry muffins with yoghurt
- 250 g plain flour or half spelt, half plain
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 75 g coconut sugar or caster sugar if preferred
- 75 g coconut oil melted or melted vegan butter
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 75 g plain unsweetened yoghurt I used soya
- 150 g blueberries
- small handful oats for topping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- Mix 250g plain flour, 1.5 teaspoons baking powder, 0.5 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda and 75g coconut sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk 75g melted coconut oil and 75g yoghurt together in a separate bowl or jug. Add the mashed bananas and mix together.
- Fold the banana mixture into the flour until just combined.
- Gently stir in 150g blueberries.
- Sprinkle a few oats over the top of each muffin (this is optional).
- Spoon the mixture into your muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Pin vegan banana blueberry muffins for later
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure for more information.