These pumpkin pie bars are healthy, vegan and refined sugar free. They're easy to make and are the perfect autumn (fall) treat for the whole family.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links are marked with *.
As soon as the mornings are chilly and it starts getting dark earlier the way I cook and eat changes.
Once it's autumn (or fall) I want to eat more comforting food.
But that doesn't mean it has to be unhealthy.
On the contrary, lots of comforting food is very healthy.
Like these healthy pumpkin pie bars.
Great for kids
These pumpkin pies are a little bit like a soft version of a flapjack (a sweet, chewy bar made from oats, butter and syrup that's popular in Britain). This texture works really well for younger kids.
They're sweetened dried fruit and maple syrup to cut down on the refined sugar.
For really little kids you can leave the maple syrup out if you wish. And if you wanted to add these to a lunchbox, or you have allergies, you could replace the nuts with some chopped pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
For full recipe including ingredients, quantities and method see the printable recipe card below.
To make these pumpkin pie bars you will need:
Allow to cool completely in the tin, cut into squares or bars, then store:
- in an airtight container for 2-3 days
- in the freezer - freeze on a tray for an hour then transfer to a freezer-proof bag or box. Label and date.
How to make pumpkin pie bars
If you have made this recipe I would love it if you’d leave a comment and rating below. Thank you!
Please do not reproduce this recipe without permission.
Pumpkin pie bars
- Mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- baking paper
- Brownie tin (oven proof dish)
- ½ can pumpkin puree 212g
- 250 g rolled oats
- 120 ml coconut oil or vegan butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- 50 g chopped nuts I used almonds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 50 g raisins or chopped dried fruit, eg dates, figs, apricots
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6. Line a brownie tin or oven proof dish measuring roughly 20x27cm* with greaseproof baking paper.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, then transfer to the lined tin. Press down with the back of a wooden spoon so that you have an even surface and the mixture goes into all the corners.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes until turning golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cut into squares while still in the tin. Allow to cool completely in the tin before removing. Store in an airtight container.
- Roughly 7 inch x 11inch
- Nutritional information is approximate and is intended as a guide only
Pin pumpkin pie bars for later
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
*Disclaimer: this is an affiliate link meaning that if you buy something after clicking on it I’ll receive a small commission, which I will probably spend on buying more ingredients for Sneaky Veg recipes! The price to you remains the same. Thanks for supporting Sneaky Veg. Read my full disclosure.