These nut free energy balls are delicious, healthy and easy to make. They're perfect for lunch boxes, snacks or a healthy kid-friendly dessert. And it's really easy to make them into little monsters using bento picks for Halloween or as a fun treat any time of year.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links are marked with *.
I'd already made this nut free energy ball recipe for the blog when I saw this fabulous recipe for monster energy bites from Eats Amazing - she even makes homemade rainbow sprinkles. Check it out!
So I made mine again and used some bento picks (from the Eats Amazing shop) to turn them into little monsters. They're a perfect healthy treat for Halloween and as they're nut free they can go in lunch boxes too.
They can of course be made without the eyes and served as standard energy balls, which is where they started off.
They're delicious either way. But I think they're particularly cute as little monsters. A healthy treat for Halloween that isn't too scary or sugary.
Do you need any special equipment to make energy balls?
You will need a good food processor* that can break down the dates and nuts.
More energy ball recipes:
Pin coconut nut free energy balls for later
How to make coconut nut free energy balls:
Coconut nut free energy balls
- 200 g dates or prunes chopped
- 20 g desiccated coconut plus extra for rolling
- 20 g pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts optional
- 50 g oats gluten free if necessary
- Place 200g chopped dates, 20g desiccated coconut, 20g pumpkin or sunflower seeds, 1 tbsp hemp hearts (optional) and 50g oats into a food processor.
- Pulse until well combined.
- Using your hands roll the mixture into small balls. If you put a little bit of oil on your hands first it stops the mixture from sticking. Next roll each ball in the extra coconut.
- Add bento eye picks if you're making them into monsters
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and then keep refrigerated.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
Subscribe to my newsletter to get recipes and news straight to your inbox.
*Disclaimer: this is an affiliate link meaning that if you buy something after clicking on it I'll receive a small commission, which I will probably spend on buying more ingredients for Sneaky Veg recipes! The price to you remains the same. Thanks for supporting Sneaky Veg. Read my full disclosure.