These nut free energy balls are delicious, healthy and easy to make. They’re perfect for lunch boxes, snacks or a healthy kid-friendly dessert. And it’s really easy to make them into little monsters using bento picks for Halloween or as a fun treat any time of year.
I’d already made this nut free energy ball recipe for the blog when I saw this fabulous recipe for monster energy bites from Eats Amazing – she even makes homemade rainbow sprinkles. Check it out!
So I made mine again and used some bento picks (from the Eats Amazing shop) to turn them into little monsters. They’re a perfect healthy treat for Halloween and as they’re nut free they can go in lunch boxes too.
They can of course be made without the eyes and served as standard energy balls, which is where they started off.
They’re delicious either way. But I think they’re particularly cute as little monsters. A healthy treat for Halloween that isn’t too scary or sugary.
Here’s how to make coconut nut free energy balls:
- 200g dates or prunes, chopped
- 20g desiccated coconut, plus extra for rollings
- 20g pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts (optional)
- 50g oats (gluten free if necessary)
- Place all the ingredients apart from the extra coconut in a food processor.
- Pulse until well combined.
- Using your hands roll into balls then roll in the extra coconut.
- Add bento eye picks if you're making them into monsters
- Store in the fridge.
If you like this you might like my other energy ball recipes: