This recipe for passionfruit, sweet chilli and ginger cheesecake is a sweet and creamy dessert, packed full of tangy passionfruit flavours and a gentle hint of Heinz sweet chilli.
It’s a really easy recipe to throw together and it doesn’t require any baking – you just need to make it a couple of hours in advance so it has time to set in the fridge.
We absolutely loved this – the sweet chilli is mild enough for the kids and the cheesecake looks so pretty with the passionfruit and red chilli flecks decorating the top. Heinz have a whole range of different chilli sauces to explore. Find out more about Heinz sauces.
Here’s how to make no-bake passionfruit, sweet chilli and ginger cheesecake:
200g ginger snap biscuits
300g cream cheese
150ml double cream
110g icing sugar
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp Heinz sweet chilli sauce
1. Grease a 20cm flan dish.
2. Place the biscuits into a food processor and pulse until they’ve turned into crumbs. Alternatively place them in a bag and bash with a rolling pin.
3. Melt the butter and stir into the biscuits until well combined. Press into the base of the flan dish. Place in the fridge.
4. Sift the icing sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat with the cream cheese until thick and thoroughly mixed. Pour in the cream and beat again until thick and creamy.
5. Cut open four of the passion fruits and scrape out the juice and pulp. Stir into the cream mixture.
6. Remove the biscuit base from the fridge and pour the creamy mixture over the top, smoothing the top.
7. Cool in the fridge for 1-2 hours, or longer, until set.
8. Place the honey, sweet chilli sauce and the juice and pulp of the remaining passion fruits into a small saucepan. Heat gently over a low heat until the honey has dissolved and the sauce has thickened, this will take around five minutes.
9. Allow to cool slightly, then spread over the top of the cheesecake.
10. Return to the fridge for another 30 minutes or so to allow the topping to set.
Disclaimer: this is a collaborative post with Heinz.