My healthy no bake cereal bars are packed full of great ingredients, such as dates, seeds, oats and berries. And even better, they're no bake so perfect for those days when you don't want to put the oven on. Great for lunchboxes, snacks or a healthy sweet treat.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links are marked with *.
My favourite cereal bar memories
When I was a kid one of my favourite lunch box fillers were Tracker bars. Does anyone else remember them?
You can still buy them but my favourite flavour, which I think was apple and blackcurrant, no longer exists. I don't know why because they were SO good!
Some of my favourite oat bars
I've also made these five ingredient peanut butter granola bars by Minimalist Baker on a few occasions.
And they were epic.
I love the idea of a no bake healthy cereal bar.
But I needed to work on a nut free version that I could include in my children's lunchboxes. Both our pre-school and primary school are completely nut free due to allergies.
It took me a few attempts to get it right but this is the final result and it is SO good. I've used sunflower butter* but if you don't need your healthy cereal bars to be nut free you can use any kind of peanut butter or nut butter. I've seen pumpkin seed butter in my local health food shop so I'll be trying that out soon as well.
How to make no bake healthy cereal bars
You can sub the goji berries for any other dried berry or even raisins. Eight-year-old R prefers these with raisins but I love the way that goji berries look and they are so good for you.
The berries can be a little tricky to combine so the best bet is to get stuck in with your hands and really mix them in - or even better get the kids to do it.
What's your favourite kind of cereal bar? Have you made your own before?
More recipes you might like
If you like this you might like:
- Healthier chocolate cornflake cakes
- No bake freezer bars
- Healthy chickpea cookie dough
- Orange chocolate tiffin
Pin these no bake healthy cereal bars for later
How to make no bake cereal bars
If you have made this recipe I would love it if you’d leave a comment and rating below. Thank you!
Healthy no bake cereal bars
- 240 g dates ideally medjool, roughly chopped
- 85 g maple syrup
- 70 g sunflower seed butter or any nut butter if preferred
- 125 g pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 135 g oats
- 100 g goji berries or other dried fruit
- 1 tbsp linseed/flaxseed optional
- If your dates are on the dry side, soak them in hot water for 30 minutes before starting this recipe, then drain.
- Line a 20 x 30cm baking tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Place the dates in a food processor or high speed blender and process until broken down.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the oats, dates and seeds. Mix well.
- Place the maple syrup and sunflower butter in a small saucepan and gently heat until combined. Add to the mixing bowl with the goji berries and mix well, using your hands if necessary to ensure that everything is well combined.
- Transfer everything to your prepared tin and smooth the top. I find the best way to do this is to place a sheet of greaseproof paper over the top and use a mug or glass to roll over the top.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour until firm.
- Cut into bars and store in the fridge.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
*Disclaimer: this is an affiliate link meaning that if you buy something after clicking on it I'll receive a small commission, which I will probably spend on buying more ingredients for Sneaky Veg recipes! Thanks for supporting Sneaky Veg. Read my full disclosure.