Deliciously crunchy pizza crackers that are great for snacks, lunch boxes and birthday parties. Gobbled up by kids and adults alike and suitable for vegans.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links are marked with *.
My kids are totally obsessed with pizza.
We do make-your-own pizza night once a week, which they love. It does take a little effort.
But as long as I remember to make the dough before school pick up it's totally do-able. My eldest helps roll out the dough and the younger two set out all the toppings. And everyone's happy.
Although we can't have pizza every night, I like to create lunches and snacks that use the same flavours because I know they love them so much.
Pizza themed snacks are always popular
I almost always have pizza pinwheels in the freezer, ready to go in their lunch boxes.
We also make pizza pancakes sometimes for Pancake Day - they are always very successful
My latest pizza creation is these pizza crackers. They are really easy to make, suitable for vegans and taste just like pizza. The tomato purée and oregano does the job perfectly.
However, if you have some in the cupboard a little nutritional yeast* will add a bit of a cheesy flavour too.
How difficult are pizza crackers to make?
Not difficult at all! It’s as simple as mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl.
When rolling out the dough it helps to do this between two sheets of non-stick baking paper as you’ll need to roll it out very thin.
If you leave them too thick they’ll be soft inside, rather than crunchy.
What should you serve with pizza crackers?
Pizza crackers are delicious on their own but if you want to serve them with something here are some suggestions:
What ingredients do you need to make pizza crackers?
For full recipe, ingredients and quantities go to the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
Pizza crackers can be made with just a few simple store cupboard ingredients. You will need:
- flour (I make these with a 50/50 blend of spelt and plain flour or just with plain flour)
- baking powder
- dried herbs
- tomato purée
- olive oil
You can also add a little salt and some nutritional yeast*. Nutritional yeast is a brilliant vegan ingredient that adds a slightly cheesy or nutty (depending on who you ask) taste to savoury food. It’s full of nutrients, and is often fortified with vitamin B12. It's a very useful ingredient to have in the cupboard.
Do you need any special equipment to make pizza crackers?
No, all you need to make homemade pizza crackers is:
Can you freeze crackers?
Yes. Once they've cooled down you can freeze them. For best results freeze on a tray for an hour first before transferring to an airtight container. This is to stop them sticking together.
The crackers might be a bit softer once they've defrosted but they'll still be tasty.
If you like this you might like these pizza empanadas.
How do you make pizza crackers
If you have made this recipe I would love it if you’d leave a comment and rating below. Thank you!
Please do not reproduce this recipe without permission.
Homemade pizza crackers
- 200 g plain flour or mix of plain and spelt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or mixed herbs
- Pinch salt optional
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast optional
- 120 ml water
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan)/220°C/gas mark 7.
- Place 200g flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder, 2 teaspoons dried herbs, a pinch of salt (if using) and 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (if using) into a bowl and whisk together.
- Add 120ml water, 1 tablespoon tomato purée and 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir until well combined into a rough dough.
- Spread a sheet of baking paper out on your work surface
- Place the dough on top and cover with another sheet of baking paper.
- Flatten down with your hands then use a rolling pin to roll out as thinly as possible - about 3-4mm thick is ideal.
- Remove the top sheet of baking paper and straighten the sides.
- Use a sharp knife or pizza wheel to cut into small squares - around 2.5cm for each side. Transfer the sheet of baking paper on to a baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely on the tray - this helps them to get crispy.
- Once cool break into squares and store in an airtight container.
Pin homemade pizza crackers for later
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
*Disclaimer: this is an affiliate link meaning that if you buy something after clicking on it I’ll receive a small commission, which I will probably spend on buying more ingredients for Sneaky Veg recipes! The price to you remains the same. Thanks for supporting Sneaky Veg. Read my full disclosure.