This is such an easy recipe that's just perfect for hungry kids to snack on. If you’ve got the tomato sauce already made up or in the freezer then they takes a matter of minutes to prepare. I made these and took them along as an after-school snack the other day and they were devoured by the kids.
They’re also a great lunchbox filler and are lovely in a picnic. Or have them with a green salad as I did for lunch while the kids were at school.
Here’s how to make them:
1 sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry
100g tomato sauce/sneaky veg sauce (or you could use passata)
1 tsp dried oregano
50g grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
2. Line a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
3. Roll out your sheet of puff pastry.
4. Spread the sauce over the top.
5. Sprinkle over the cheese.
6. Add the oregano.
7. Roll up along the long side until you have a long thin swiss roll shape.
8. Cut into 12 small pieces and place on the baking tray leaving a few centimetres between them as they’ll grow in the oven!
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
10. Allow to cool then store in an airtight container. Best eaten within a day.
Pin for later