These healthy chocolate ice lollies are made with just four ingredients - one of which is sweet potato! Delicious, refreshing, vegan and contains a portion of veg. The perfect healthy treat for a hot summer day.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links are marked with * where possible.
The kids loved these healthy chocolate ice lollies
These healthy homemade ice lollies were a HUGE hit with my kids.
All three of them absolutely devoured them, didn't notice that they weren't ordinary ice lollies, couldn't detect the sweet potato and asked me to make more.
With just four ingredients, a healthy portion of hidden vegetables and no added sugar what's not to like?
If you're looking for a summery hidden vegetable recipe for picky eaters then this is for you.
Using up brown bananas
If you have bananas that are going brown in the fruit bowl but don't have time to make banana bread then slicing them and freezing them is a great idea.
If you like this you might like my healthy hot chocolate.
Lolly or popsicle?
Lollies and popsicles are essentially the same thing.
Here in the UK we call them ice lollies.
How to make healthy chocolate popsicles
If you've made this recipe please a star rating and comment below. Thank you!
Please do not reproduce this recipe without permission.
Healthy chocolate popsicles
- 100 g sweet potato cooked, puréed and cooled
- 2 small bananas chopped and frozen*
- 1 orange juiced
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
To make the sweet potato purée
- Start by cooking your sweet potato if needed. Boil or steam until soft then puree in a small blender or with a handheld blender until smooth. Cool completely before starting to make your popsicles.
To make the popsicles
- Place 2 small frozen* bananas, the juice of one orange, 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder and 100g pureed sweet potato in a food processor or high powered blender.
- Blend until well combined and smooth.
- Pour into four ice lolly (popsicle) moulds, add lolly sticks and freeze overnight.
- Frozen bananas are creamier but you can make this recipe without freezing the bananas first if time is short.
- Nutritional information is approximate and is intended as a guide only.
Pin healthy chocolate orange sweet potato ice lollies for later
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure for more information.
*Disclaimer: this is an affiliate link meaning that if you buy something after clicking on it I'll receive a small commission, which I will probably spend on buying more ingredients for Sneaky Veg recipes! The price to you remains the same. Thanks for supporting Sneaky Veg. Read my full disclosure.