Baked cauliflower tots, or croquettes, are a great weaning food for babies and toddlers and one of my favourite vegetable recipes for kids. This is a healthy recipe that is suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Can be served as a side dish.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links are marked with *.
Croquette or tot? Either way these are delicious
Growing up I would have called this kind of thing a croquette. Nowadays they seem to be known as tots, which I believe is due to a popular American food, the tater tot. Tater tots are small hash browns in a tube-like shape.
Whether you call it a croquette or a tot these cauliflower tots are a great first food for babies and toddlers. They're ideal for baby led weaning, they taste great with a dip and for older kids and adult they make a great vegan or vegetarian side dish.
Read more about how to roast cauliflower.
There's pretty much zero chance of my kids eating roasted cauliflower or cauliflower rice but they were willing to give these a go.
Do you need any special equipment to make these cauliflower tots?
Ideally you will need a food processor* to make these tots. If you don't have one you'll need to chop the cauliflower very finely or it won't cook through in time.
For full recipe, ingredients and quantities go to the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
These cauliflower tots are made with just four ingredients:
- 250g cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (for flavour, can be omitted)
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
Plus salt and pepper.
More baby led weaning recipes
If you like this you might also like:
- Pea and mint risotto for babies
- Green pancakes with spinach
- Leek, pear and parsnip cakes
- Homemade hummus for babies
- Easy baked arancini
- Bubble and squeak cakes
- Read more about cooking for babies.
Did you know that I also have a vegan food blog, Cook Veggielicious?
How to make healthy baked cauliflower tots
If you've made this recipe please a leave a star rating and comment below. Thank you
Please do not reproduce this recipe without permission.
Healthy baked cauliflower tots
- 250 g cauliflower medium sized
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast optional, adds cheesy flavour
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley very finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Break the cauliflower into florets. Place in a food processor and pulse several times until it resembles rice. Don't over do it - you don't want it to be mushy. If you do over mix it you'll need to squeeze some of the water out - it's best to do this with your hands.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add all the other ingredients. Omit salt if making for babies. Mix well until fully combined.
- Using your hands roll into eight croquette or tot shapes. Squeeze out any excess liquid. Place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown, turning with a spatula halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve warm with tomato sauce or allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Pin healthy baked cauliflower tots for later
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
*Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means that if you buy something after clicking on a link marked with * I will receive a small commission. The price to you remains the same. Thanks for supporting Sneaky Veg. Read my full disclosure here.