If you haven't tried garlic roasted Brussels sprouts then stop what you're doing and try it immediately! This is the quickest, easiest and most delicious way to cook Brussels sprouts. They're the perfect side for a winter Sunday roast or your Christmas feast. And they're suitable for both vegans and vegetarians.
Brussels sprouts have something of a bad reputation. This is largely caused by them being over-boiled and forced upon us as children.
When boiled to within an inch of their lives sprouts (aka the dreaded sprouts as we used to call them as kids) smell weird, taste bad and are frankly, unappetising.
However, boiling them doesn't do them justice. Finely shredded into a salad, sautéed with coconut into a curry or roasted, Brussel sprouts are entirely different. Delicious in fact.
Try this roasted Brussels sprouts recipe and let me convince you that sprouts deserve a place right at the centre of your table.
How to prepare Brussels sprouts
Brussels sprouts do take a little preparation but it's worth the effort. Here's what to do:
- place your Brussels sprouts in a colander and give them a good wash
- remove the outer leaves
- cut off them stem end
- if they're large cut in half
Contrary to popular belief you do not need to cut a cross into the stem end. This actually causes them to become soggy.
Once your Brussels have been prepared either proceed with the recipe below or follow the recipe of your choice.
To make these garlic-roasted Brussels sprouts you will need:
- Brussels sprouts - see above for more on how to prepare them.
- Garlic - for flavour.
- Olive oil - for both flavour and lovely crispy bits.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper - to season them perfectly.
More Brussels sprouts recipes
If you like this you might also like:
How to make garlic roasted Brussels sprouts
If you've made this recipe please a star rating and comment below. Thank you!
Please do not reproduce this recipe without permission.
Garlic roasted Brussels sprouts
- 450 g Brussels sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6.
- Cut the end off of 450g Brussels sprouts, remove any old looking leaves, and wash well. If large then you may want to cut in half.
- Place in a roasting dish with 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and black pepper and stir well.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stir and roast for another 10 minutes or until soft.
Pin garlic roasted Brussels sprouts for later
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
Subscribe to my newsletter to get recipes and news straight to your inbox.