This microwave ramen, or Japanese noodle soup, takes just minutes to make, making it a perfect quick, nutritious and filling meal.
NB: This is a collaborative post with Panasonic.
My eldest son, who is a picky eater in many ways, absolutely loves ramen.
It never fails to amaze me that a child who won't eat a strawberry, carrot or apple will tuck into a spicy noodle soup with such gusto.
We've always tried to expose our kids to food from a variety of cultures and so he's eaten ramen at in restaurants a few times and he loves it.
Ramen is easy to make in the microwave
I often make ramen at home now as it's one of those rare meals that we all like but this is the first time I've made it in the microwave.
It was so easy to make - plus has the advantage of not using any oil - that I will be doing it time and time again.
The toppings can be served separately to the soup so all those spicy red chillies can be left off the children's portions!
Do you use your microwave a lot?
I use mine almost daily to reheat food and defrost things but I don't think I've exploited its potential for cooking from scratch.
Get more microwave recipes*
More recipes you might like
If you like this you might like:
How to make easy microwave ramen
- This really is an easy recipe. There's a tiny bit of chopping involved and you'll need to boil the kettle to make some vegetable stock but apart from that the whole thing is done in the microwave.
- The quantities below make a large portion for one adult so increase the quantities as desired to feed more.
If you've made this recipe please a star rating and comment below. Thank you!
Please do not reproduce this recipe without permission.
Easy vegan microwave ramen
- ½ small white onion peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red miso paste
- 200 g noodles* I used frozen ramen noodles
- 500 ml hot vegetable stock
- red chillies, spring onions, sesame seeds, tofu optional, for serving
- Place the onion in a microwavable bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir then repeat for 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger and garlic and microwave for 10 seconds
- Remove. Add the mushrooms, soy sauce and miso paste and 100ml vegetable stock. Stir well and break down the miso paste with the back of a spoon until well combined.
- Add the noodles and the rest of the stock.
- Cover and heat for one minute. Stir and heat for another minute. If you've used dried noodles you might need to cook for longer.
- Top with red chillies, spring onions, sesame seeds and sliced tofu if desired.
- *Check ingredients if vegan
- Nutritional information is approximate and is intended as a guide only.
Pin easy vegan microwave ramen for later
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure for more information.
Disclaimer: This is a collaborative post with Panasonic.