Dessert wraps are about to become your new favourite pudding when you've tried these cinnamon wraps are filled with a juicy berry compote and served with a scoop of banana nice cream.
What is nice cream?
Wondering what nice cream is? Well, it's the name for the amazingly easy and ingenious vegan ice cream that is made of nothing more complicated than blended frozen bananas.
Nice cream is perfect for kids as there's no added sugar, just a healthy portion of fruit. This is particularly useful in our house because our very vocal toddler gets extremely angry if other people are eating ice cream and he isn't!
Why dessert wraps?
Wraps for dessert? Using flour tortillas, or wraps, for dessert is such a good idea for so many reasons.
- Is it easy? Tick.
- Is it a great way to use up leftover wraps in a packet? Tick.
- Do my kids ALWAYS eat wraps? Tick.
And serving them with nice cream just makes the whole ensemble even better.
Despite being a life-long fruit hater, R makes an exception for crumble and because this fruit filling is essentially the same thing that I put in a crumble, he made an exception for this too.
To make this recipe I used Mission Deli* wraps. The fact that these work just as well for dessert as for a main course (see my recipe for cauliflower, potato and chickpea curry wraps) shows how versatile they are. Mission Deli Wraps can be used in so many different ways, making them great for any occasion*.
If you like this recipe you might also like this homemade banana nice cream.
Pin cinnamon wraps with berry compote and chocolate nice cream for later
How to make these cinnamon wraps with berry compote and chocolate banana nice cream
If you have made this recipe I would love it if you’d leave a comment and rating below. Thank you!
Cinnamon wraps with berry compote and chocolate banana nice cream
For the nice cream
- 3 ripe bananas chopped
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder/cocoa powder
For the berry compote
- 400g mixed berries fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp water
For the wraps
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 packet Mission Deli Original wraps
To make the nice cream
- The day before you want to make this chop the bananas and pop them in the freezer. If you lay them flat on a tray for the first hour or two this will stop them from sticking together, which is kinder on your food processor.
- When you're ready to make your nice cream simply put the frozen bananas in a food processor with the raw cacao powder and blend until smooth and creamy. You may need to scrape the sides down with a spatula a couple of times.
To make the berry compote
- Put the fruit in a small saucepan with a lid. Add the water and heat, covered, over a low heat until the fruit has defrosted.
- Take the lid off once defrosted and cook for a further ten minutes. Stir occasionally.
To make the cinnamon wraps
- Pre-heat the grill.
- In a small frying pan heat the coconut oil, maple syrup and ground cinnamon together until the coconut oil has melted
- Spread the wrap with the cinnamon mixture and place under the grill for one minute
- Transfer the wrap to a plate, spoon over some of the fruit, add a dollop of ice cream, wrap up tightly - or leave flat if preferred - and serve. Enjoy!
More information and wrap recipes can be found at www.missionwraps.co.uk*.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
*Disclaimer: this is a collaborative post with Mission Deli