This recipe for quick chocolate chip bread with hazelnuts and cranberries is so easy to put together and is absolutely delicious. Perfect for a last minute afternoon tea.
This simple soda bread is much quicker to bake than a traditional loaf made with yeast.
I love making soda bread. I'm much more likely to put something like this together on a weekend morning as a treat for the kids.
Bread that requires hours of kneading and proving is more of a challenge to fit into our busy schedules.
Is this chocolate chip bread healthy?
Apart from the sugar in the cranberries and chocolate chips there isn't any added sugar in this easy chocolate soda bread recipe.
However, you don't need it. This soda bread has the perfect balance of sweet and nutty flavours.
This certainly won the approval of the Sneaky Veg kids, two of my friends who visited today and their respective children.
Can you make this recipe vegan?
Yes - just use your favourite plant based milk and non-dairy yoghurt and you'll have a delicious vegan chocolate bread in no time.
You will also need to buy dairy free chocolate chips.
Pin chocolate chip bread with hazelnuts and cranberries for later:
How to make chocolate chip soda bread with hazelnuts and cranberries:
If you have made this recipe I would love it if you’d leave a comment and rating below. Thank you!
Chocolate chip soda bread with hazelnuts and cranberries
- 300 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 ml milk
- 200 ml plain natural yoghurt
- 50 g chocolate chips
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 50 g chopped hazelnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/180°C (fan)/gas mark 6. Prepare a non-stick baking tray with a sheet of greaseproof baking paper.
- Sift 300g plain flour and 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda together into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat together the 200ml plain yoghurt and 100ml milk. Pour into the flour mixture and beat until well combined.
- Stir through 50g chocolate chips, 50g dried cranberries and 50g chopped hazelnuts.
- Spread out onto the baking tray shaping it as you wish. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown. Best eaten on day of cooking but will keep for another day or two stored in an airtight container.