Hands up if you like chocolate ice lollies? Right, that's just about everyone then. Why not try this chocolate avocado version for a more nutritious frozen treat? Perfect for chocoholics - kid-sized and adult.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links are marked with *.
About five years ago we went on holiday to Cornwall. On a glorious sunny day we went to a beautiful beach called Polzeath.
Polzeath is an enormous beach and we set up camp for the day at the far end near some rock pools. This was a good idea in many ways but it was rather a long walk to the toilets - and the ice cream van.
I took the children to get an ice cream and had to carry Miss R (who was 18 months at the time) back whilst she ate her chocolate ice cream.
It was a hot day and being only tiny she ate it very slowly the result being that by the time we got back to the others both of us were absolutely covered in chocolate.
Nowadays I'm a more sensible mum who tends to save chocolatey treats for home - when it's easier to clean up and I don't have to be dripped on!
Use up over-ripe avocadoes
These chocolate avocado ice lollies are a great frozen treat to make for home. If you have a ripe avocado that needs eating up this is the perfect use for it.
You just need a few minutes to whizz the ingredients together and you have a perfectly creamy healthy chocolate ice lolly that the kids (and you) will love.
I have added maple syrup to this to sweeten it - however this can be omitted or increased if you prefer to suit your own taste.
- Do they taste of avocado? No.
- Are they creamy, delicious and chocolately? Yes.
- Should you make them today? Absolutely!
You will need the following ingredients to make these lollies:
- ripe avocado
- cocoa powder (or cacao powder to make them even healthier)
- milk (I use oat milk)
- maple syrup (optional)
These lollies are suitable for babies and toddlers. You may want to leave out the maple syrup for young babies.
More lolly recipes you might like
If you like this you might like:
How to make chocolate avocado ice lollies
If you've made this recipe please a star rating and comment below. Thank you!
Please do not reproduce this recipe without permission.
Chocolate avocado ice lollies
- Ice lolly (popsicle) mould
- Lolly sticks
- 1 ripe avocado
- 25 g cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 200 ml milk I used oat milk
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup or more to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and whizz until well combined. It's a good idea to scrape the sides down once so you don't end up with bits of unblended avocado in your lolly.
- Taste the mixture and add more maple syrup if its not sweet enough for your taste.
- Pour the mixture into your ice lolly moulds, pushing it down with the end of a spoon to avoid air bubbles.
- Freeze for 12 hours or overnight until frozen solid.
- Nutritional information is approximate and is intended as a guide only.
Pin chocolate avocado ice lollies for later
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure for more information.
*Disclaimer: this is an affiliate link meaning that if you buy something after clicking on it I'll receive a small commission, which I will probably spend on buying more ingredients for Sneaky Veg recipes! The price to you remains the same. Thanks for supporting Sneaky Veg. Read my full disclosure.