A deliciously refreshing carrot smoothie recipe, packed full of goodness with a hint of zingy ginger. Suitable for vegans.
This post contains affiliate links, which are marked with *.
We love to start our day with a smoothie. I feel happier sending my kids off for a day at school knowing that they've had a nutritious breakfast packed full of veggies and other nutrients.
Making a healthy smoothie, like this carrot one, takes just a few minutes. I don't always manage it but I do try to make a smoothie every day for breakfast.
How difficult is it to make a carrot smoothie?
It is really very easy to make a carrot smoothie. You will need to have a good high powered blender* to ensure that the carrot gets broken down and blended into the smoothie.
I use my Froothie Air Vac 2 blender*.
Other than that it's just a case of chopping up the ingredients and popping them into the blender.
Do you need any special equipment to make this recipe?
You will need a high powered blender*.
Apart from that all you need is a chopping board and sharp knife.
What ingredients do you need to make a carrot smoothie?
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- small chunk ginger, peeled chopped, optional
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 100g frozen mango (if using fresh add 1-2 ice cubes)
- 100g frozen pineapple (if using fresh add 1-2 ice cubes)
- 500ml orange juice
Can you put raw carrots in this smoothie?
Yes - you can put raw carrots in this smoothie. You will however need a powerful blender to break them down. If your blender isn't very powerful then you may need to steam the carrots lightly first. Allow them to cool before adding to the other ingredients.
What else can you add into a smoothie for extra goodness?
I have added flax seeds (linseed) and turmeric to this recipe as well as fruit and veggies.
Some of my other favourite healthy smoothie ingredients include:
- hemp hearts
- brazil nuts
- chia seeds
- nut butter
- butternut squash
- kale or spinach
- sunflower or pumpkin seeds
More healthy smoothie recipes
Pin carrot smoothie for later
How to make a carrot smoothie
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1 banana peeled and sliced
- small chunk ginger peeled chopped, optional
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds (linseed)
- 100 g frozen mango if using fresh add 1-2 ice cubes
- 100 g frozen pineapple if using fresh add 1-2 ice cubes
- 500 ml orange juice
- Place 1 diced carrot, 1 sliced banana, a small chunk of chopped ginger, 1/2 tsp ground turmeric and 1 tbsp flax seeds into your blender. Add 100g frozen mango chunks and 100g frozen pineapple.
- If your mango and pineapple isn’t frozen also add a few ice cubes.
- Pour over 500ml orange juice and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later and stir before serving. Can also be frozen into smoothie ice lollies.
If you like this you might like these vegetarian carrot recipes.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
Subscribe to my newsletter to get recipes and news straight to your inbox.
*Disclaimer: this is an affiliate link meaning that if you buy something after clicking on it I'll receive a small commission, which I will probably spend on buying more ingredients for Sneaky Veg recipes! The price to you remains the same. Thanks for supporting Sneaky Veg. Read my full disclosure.