A deliciously refreshing carrot smoothie made with tropical fruits and orange. Packed full of goodness with a hint of zingy ginger. Suitable for vegans.
This post contains affiliate links, which are marked with *.
We love to start our day with a smoothie. I feel happier sending my kids off for a day at school knowing that they've had a nutritious breakfast packed full of veggies and other nutrients.
Making a healthy smoothie, like this carrot one, takes just a few minutes. I don't always manage it but I do try to make a smoothie every day for breakfast.
You will need a high powered blender* to make this smoothie. It'll need to be a good way to be able to break the carrot down.
Apart from that all you need is a chopping board and sharp knife.
For full recipe, ingredients and quantities go to the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
You will need the following ingredients to make a carrot smoothie:
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- small chunk ginger, peeled chopped, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (linseed)
- 100g frozen mango (if using fresh add 1-2 ice cubes)
- 100g frozen pineapple (if using fresh add 1-2 ice cubes)
- 500ml orange juice
Can you put raw carrots in this smoothie?
Yes - you can put raw carrots in this smoothie.
You will however need a powerful blender* to break them down.
If your blender isn't very powerful then you may need to steam the carrots lightly first to make them softer. Allow them to cool before adding to the other ingredients.
What else can you add into a smoothie for extra goodness?
I have added flax seeds (linseed) and turmeric to this recipe as well as fruit and veggies.
Some of my other favourite healthy smoothie ingredients include:
- hemp hearts
- brazil nuts
- chia seeds
- nut butter
- butternut squash
- kale or spinach
- sunflower or pumpkin seeds
How to make a carrot smoothie
If you've made this recipe please a star rating and comment below. Thank you!
Please do not reproduce this recipe without permission.
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1 banana peeled and sliced
- small chunk ginger peeled chopped, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric optional
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds (linseed)
- 100 g frozen mango if using fresh add 1-2 ice cubes
- 100 g frozen pineapple if using fresh add 1-2 ice cubes
- 500 ml orange juice
- Place 1 diced carrot, 1 sliced banana, a small chunk of chopped ginger, ½ teaspoon ground turmeric and 1 tablespoon flax seeds into your blender. Add 100g frozen* mango chunks and 100g frozen* pineapple.
- Pour over 500ml orange juice and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later and stir before serving.
- If your mango and pineapple isn’t frozen also add a few ice cubes.
- Can also be frozen into smoothie ice lollies.
- Nutritional information is approximate and is intended as a guide only.
Looking for more ways to use carrots? Check out my vegetarian carrot recipes and carrot cooking tips.
Pin carrot smoothie for later
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure for more information.
*Disclaimer: this is an affiliate link meaning that if you buy something after clicking on it I'll receive a small commission, which I will probably spend on buying more ingredients for Sneaky Veg recipes! The price to you remains the same. Thanks for supporting Sneaky Veg. Read my full disclosure.