Tired of standing over the stove making pancakes one-by-one? Then it’s time for you to try oven baked pancakes! These vegan blueberry sheet pan pancakes are made in the same way as regular pancakes but cooked all at once on a single baking tray in the oven. Perfect for busy mornings.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links are marked with *.
We absolutely love having pancakes for breakfast but they are very much saved for the weekends here. With three kids to get ready for the day, there simply isn't time for pancakes on a weekday morning.
Until now that is.
These oven-baked pancakes are our new favourite breakfast discovery. Simply make the batter, pour into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes while you get ready for the rest of your day. Then cut into slices and enjoy!
You can of course enjoy these on the weekend too. I do find it slightly galling to stand by the stove making pancakes one-by-one for everyone, only to end up eating mine on my own at the end after everyone else has finished.
Making oven-baked pancakes solves that problem.
Why bother making oven baked pancakes?
Pan cooked pancakes are pretty awesome as they are, right? If you're wondering why bother to make yours in the oven the simple answer is time. It's just so much quicker and easier.
You mix the ingredients in the same way but then - instead of standing at the stove frying each pancake individually - you whack the lot in the oven and get on with something else for the next 20-25 minutes while your oven does all the hard work. Result!
How difficult is this recipe to make?
This recipe is so easy to make. It's really as simple as mixing the ingredients together, following the steps below. Then pour the lot into a prepared baking tray or tin and bake in your preheated oven. Easy peasy!
What equipment do you need?
You don't need any specialist equipment to make this recipe just:
What should you serve with these oven baked pancakes?
These pancakes are very versatile and go well with many different toppings. Here are some of my favourites:
What pancake toppings do you like?
More vegan pancake recipes
If you like these oven baked pancakes you might like these recipes too:
- Vegan almond butter and banana pancakes
- Vegan crepes
- Pink pancakes
- Healthy butternut squash pancakes
- Egg free pancakes with blueberries
Can you freeze these pancakes?
Yes. Cut into slices, allow to cool completely and then freeze in an air tight container.
To stop them sticking together freeze them spread out flat on a tray for an hour before transferring to your container. Alternatively place a piece of non-stick baking paper between each pancake slice before freezing.
Allow to defrost thoroughly before reheating - reheat in the microwave or in a pan.
What ingredients do you need?
To make these blueberry sheet pan pancakes you will need the following ingredients:
- 225g plain flour )or wholemeal, spelt or a blend of wholemeal and plain)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 450ml milk, I used oat milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g blueberries, fresh or frozen
- extra blueberries, maple syrup, coconut yoghurt to serve
How to make sheet pan pancakes
Full recipe and ingredients list in recipe card at the end of this post.
Before starting preheat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6 and lightly grease a baking tray and line with non-stick greaseproof paper.
1. Put 450ml milk into a jug with 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tsp vanilla extract and leave to rest for a few minutes.
2. Place 225g plain flour into a mixing bowl with 1 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda.
3. Whisk the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together to combine.
4. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
5. Pour into the baking tray and tilt until you have an even depth all around. Push the blueberries into the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and turning golden on top.
Pin oven baked blueberry pancakes for later
Blueberry oven baked pancakes
- 225 g plain flour or wholemeal spelt or a blend of wholemeal and plain
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda baking soda
- 450 ml milk I used oat milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g blueberries fresh or frozen
- extra blueberries maple syrup, coconut yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6.
- Lightly grease a baking tray and line with non-stick greaseproof paper.
- Put 450ml milk into a jug with 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tsp vanilla extract and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- Put 225g plain flour into a mixing bowl with 1 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into the baking tray and tilt until you have an even depth all around. Push the blueberries into the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and turning golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and cut into squares. Serve with extra blueberries and maple syrup.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
KEEP IN TOUCH
*Disclaimer: this is an affiliate link meaning that if you buy something after clicking on it I’ll receive a small commission, which I will probably spend on buying more ingredients for Sneaky Veg recipes! The price to you remains the same. Thanks for supporting Sneaky Veg. Read my full disclosure.