Banana and almond butter pancakes that are full of protein, flavour and are as light and fluffy as you could ever desire. Vegan, nutritious, healthy and utterly delicious.
These are undoubtedly the best vegan pancakes I have ever made. I actually can't believe how perfect they are.
But first of all let me tell you what they aren't. They aren't oily or soggy. They don't fall apart. They don't taste weird. And they don't require any weird egg replacers. Can you tell I've experimented with A LOT of vegan pancake recipes? Well I have - and not all of them have been a success.
What these banana and almond butter pancakes are is light and fluffy. They're delicious, healthy and nutritious. And they are really easy to make.
Of course they don't have to be vegan. You can use whatever milk you like to make these. But you don't need an egg. The mashed banana does a great job of holding these pancakes together. And you're getting your protein from the almond butter.
I have topped these with some mixed berry chia jam and maple syrup. So good.
I made these banana and almond butter pancakes with the Sweetpea Pantry Grainy Brainy pancake mix* which contains flaxseed, quinoa and buckwheat for an extra nutritional punch.
For best results you will need to blend the pancake batter in a high speed blender to get rid of all the lumps. I used my Froothie Optimum Nutri Force Extractor**.
More pancake recipes
If you like these you might like:
- healthy sweet potato pancakes
- healthy butternut squash pancakes
- chocolate, pear and coconut pancakes
- homemade pink pancakes
- eggless pancakes
Want more pancake recipes? Check out my favourite vegetable pancake recipes.
Or if you're struggling for inspiration check out these 25 delicious vegan breakfast ideas.
Pin banana and almond butter vegan pancakes for later
How to make vegan banana and almond butter pancakes
Vegan banana and almond butter pancakes
- 220 g packet of Sweetpea Pantry Grainy Brainy Pancake Mix or equivalent flour or equivalent weight plain flour
- 200 ml milk I used Koko non-dairy milk
- 50 g almond butter
- 1 large banana
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and pulse on high speed until well combined.
- If you don't have a blender mash the banana well and whisk together with the pancake mix and milk before stirring in the almond butter.
- Heat a little oil in a small frying pan over a low-medium heat.
- Spoon a little of the pancake batter into the pan and cook for several minutes before flipping with a spatula onto the other side.
- Cook the other side for a few minutes then remove and keep warm in a low oven.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
*Disclaimer: I received some free packets of Sweetpea Pantry pancake mix in return for this post. I received no other payment and all opinions are honest and my own.
**Affiliate link. I am a Froothie affiliate. If you buy something after clicking on this link you will pay the same price but I will receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Sneaky Veg!
KEEP UP TO DATE WITH WHAT I’M UP TO